Buford, GA 30518 US
We are seeking a qualified and experience Process Engineer for a large production facility in Buford, GA. For this position we need someone with 10+ years of hands-on experience at floor level manufacturing, especially engineering grade nylon compounds (adding fiberglass, mineral, impact modifiers, etc.)
Reporting to Plant Operations Manager and in collaboration with the plant team, the Process Engineer is responsible for analysing and improving current technologies and production processes, and to develop, test and implement new technologies, production processes, and material trials (both new raw materials as well as new finished compound trials) in order to ensure the long term competitiveness of the Site production processes. This is a hand-on position and will require >70% of the Process Engineer s time to be on the manufacturing floor performing the duties as noted below.
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulation, quality standards and company policies
- Care to Be Safe in all activities throughout the plant, working cohesively with Plant Engineering and HSE Coordinator in all aspects of safety education, safety improvements, and KPI tracking and reporting.
- Understands and adheres to all safety policies and procedures to prevent injury to self and others.
- Works closely with HSE Coordinator to ensure all HSE requirements are met.
- Conducts themselves in a respectful manner at all times, and engages others in a respectful manner, regardless of situation. -
- Ensures PPE is always worn in designated areas (self and colleagues). -
- Active and permanent member of Buford s Safety Committee. Define and manage industrial projects
- Participate in the determination of the technical feasibility and the economic value of a project or study.
- Manage assigned projects or subprojects under supervision of the manager; take corrective actions when necessary.
- Define and supervise projects and studies conducted by others.
- Develop and implement process improvement programs. Develop and implement process improvement programs.
- Follow up scientific and technological developments and market evolutions within the own domain of expertise.
- Interact with maintenance and plant engineering on a detailed level regarding, feeder design, calibration, and maintenance, screw design (both feeder and extruder screws) down stream equipment performance (pelletizers and pack-out equipment.) -
- Continuously research innovative approaches and solutions, and develop proposals for process improvement programs. -
- Execute on demand of his/her manager specific studies about plant performance, production capacity utilization, and the effectiveness of process improvement projects.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and projects.
- Coordinate and follow up plant process improvement projects. Implement new products in the industrial process
- Test the production of new products in a Pilot Plant or (directly) in the Industrial Plant.
- Perform test-production in an industrial plant in order to evaluate the quality of the product, the capacity, the cost, the impact on the performance of the plant
- Analyze and define the modifications to the production process needed to produce the new product. -
- Develop and implement MOC process regarding new materials and processes to confirm all production personnel are properly trained to run new production material and processes. Provide process technology information, support and advice to the organization
- Propose solutions for internal and external customer demands and complaints. -
- Assist the manager in his support activities towards the business and to product development departments.
- Compile all kinds of documents and data including technical, technological or process information and prepare process book and reports, under supervision of the manager Manage Process Engineering Department (1-3 Employees)
- Execute delegated assignments focusing on the optimization of the department s organization and performance (e.g. cost). Inform colleagues about and/or train them in new methods, procedures and techniques specific to the own domain of expertise.
- Support and advice staff in the resolution of complex problems.